Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Work in Progress

I went and got my hair re-done today. A little brown, a little red, a little gold...and I have exactly the color I wanted. A color that I look like I was born with.

I love my stylist once more.

On my way home, I listened to sad songs and reflected...which is never a good combination. I'm still trying to clear my head (among other things). I've found that given the proper amount of solitude, I can convince myself that a lie is the absolute truth.

Fortunate for me, those who were among the first to call bullshit on me are hundreds of miles away. I can tell myself I don't care, and no one is going to argue the wiser.

I think most people are this way. It is a survival mechanism. Some people can do it better than others. The crappier the adversity you have overcome, the better at it you are. That's just the way it is.

That's all...

1 comment:

Spyder said...

I want to see the hair! Solitude can swing either way, good for the soul,or not.